Belfast Metropolitan College, Titanic Quarter, Belfast
4th – 6th July 2016
Conference Theme: ‘Social Policy: Radical, Resistant, Resolute’.
See the Conference Website for more detail
Call for Papers
We particularly welcome paper proposals that reflect on the conference theme, however interpreted, and aim to encourage debate around the following issues:
- Social Policy challenging change: radical, resistant, resolute
- Welfare reform
- Welfare policy and politics
- Austerity and Social Policy
- Family policy and politics
- Devolution, Governance and Citizenship
- Race, Ethnicity & Migration
- Current Political Landscape and Social Policy
- Change, Challenge and Continuity in Health and Social Care
- Inequality and Social Justice – National, Local and Global Perspectives
- The Third Sector and Social Policy: Roles, Responsibility and Challenges
- Social Policy, the Subject: Change, Continuity and Challenge in Defining, Learning & Teaching, Representing, and Recruiting for Social Policy.
We now welcome proposals for individual papers; and especially for symposia (sets of 3 themed papers); and for post-graduate symposia; and also for social policy papers focusing on issues outside the conference theme.
Submit an Abstract: Please note that this year we will be using the Easychair conference system for abstract submissions. The Easychair website for the SPA 2016 conference is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=spa2016 where you will be asked to register with a valid email address and a password. The final deadline for submissions will be Friday 15 April 2016.
Proposals for Individual Papers: abstracts should be 200-400 words.
Proposals for Symposia: a 200-word outline of the aims and content of the symposium (including contributors’ names and email addresses). All abstracts and symposium proposals will be reviewed by the Programme Committee up to the deadline of 15 April 2016. Confirmed presenters, delegates will be sent a link to upload their full papers in advance of the conference.
See the Final Conference Programme.