SPA AWARDS 2019
The Social Policy Association is pleased to announce the call for nominations for this year’s awards. Winners will receive their awards at the Annual SPA Conference Dinner hosted in Durham 8-10 July 2019.
For more detailed information about each award see our awards page.
The SPA awards aim to:
1) Advance the interests of the Social Policy Association and its members through increased reach and status
2) Recognise and endorse the work of academics who are both researching and teaching social policy, and who as SPA members contribute to advancing the discipline
3) Recognise and endorse the work of individuals and organisations who as social policy practitioners and/or advocates, are using academic work produced by the Social Policy academic community and/or are working with academics to promote the public understanding of social policy
Process of awards
Where the awards are made on the decision of the SPA appointed judging panel, the panel will comprise 4 judges appointed by the executive to serve for 3 years and will normally include:
- The SPA President
- 1 judge drawn from outside the academic community
- 2 judges appointed from SPA membership
Nomination Forms and supporting documentation, where applicable, must be received by the SPA Awards Officer (email@example.com) by Tuesday 30 April 2019.
General rules of the Awards
Those making a nomination must do so with the full knowledge of the person being nominated. Please read the rules and criteria for each award carefully before submitting a nomination. Current members of the SPA appointed judging panel are not eligible to nominate.
- International Recognition Award
- Award for Excellence in Doctoral Research
- The Richard Titmuss Book Award
- Policy Press Outstanding Teaching Award
- Public Understanding of Social Policy Award
- Cambridge University Press Awards for Excellence in Social Policy Scholarship (JSP & SP&S)