The SPA offers a wide range of services and engages in several key activities.
- An academic conference each summer, regularly attracting up to 250 delegates from the UK and overseas
- Support for the two leading international academic Social Policy journals, Journal of Social Policy and Social Policy and Society
- An active network and regular seminars and conferences for Social Policy post-graduate students
- An online newsletter, Policy World, published three times a year
- Engagement with UK higher education funding bodies; other learned societies in the humanities and social sciences; policy makers and policy users
- Supporter of Discover Society with the British Sociological Association and the Campaign for Social Science