The SPA and Social Policy and Society are now accepting applications for the next round of the Insight into Publishing scheme. This is a great opportunity designed to give postgraduate researchers a thorough understanding of the process and requirements of publishing peer-reviewed articles in an established social policy journal.
The two successful candidates will work with the current journal editors over the course of several months to gain a unique insight into:
- the review process of articles;
- the development of successful articles from submission to publication;
- the decision process surrounding the content of individual journal editions; and
- the dissemination of published research findings.
The candidates will adopt two articles (one each) all the way from submission to publication / rejection. This process will include identifying reviewers for their articles; liaising with administrative staff and journal editors; reviewing articles and peer review comments; and participating in editorial discussions regarding journal publication.
Applicants should be postgraduate researchers who are current members of the SPA (or who are about to join the SPA). Prospective candidates should submit an application comprising an expression of interest (500 words maximum) and an up-to-date CV. Applicants are asked to:
- specify how they feel the placement would be beneficial for their own professional development and what they feel they could contribute to the journal;
- illustrate their capacity and intention to pursue a career in social policy / academia;
- outline their current research and publication strategy; and
- indicate how they would share what they have learned with the wider social policy community.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd April 2018. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of April. The successful candidates will be fully briefed on the requirements of the scheme and how to liaise with the journal editors.