Social Policy Association Opportunity Grants
The Social Policy Association is now inviting applications for its Opportunity Grant programme. The grant provides up to £2,000 to members of the SPA for projects and events.
We are very aware that the past 18 months has been a difficult time for many SPA members, both professionally and personally. The impact of lockdowns and remote working has led to events being postponed whilst joint working has been challenging as connections with our colleagues and others have been fragmented. With covid restrictions being relaxed, we find ourselves in a position where new opportunities are emerging and previous partnerships can be revisited.
With this in mind, the SPA is keen to support a wide variety of projects, but in this round we are particularly keen to fund applications focusing on re-starting and developing connections with a wide range of partners and partner organisations.
Please note: The SPA recommends that all events should be ‘covid safe’. For face-to-face events, this includes being aware of social distancing, appropriate hygiene and the use of masks where appropriate.
When scoring the applications, our criteria are:
- Well planned and deliverable
- Evidence of the event’s need or demand
- Lasting or ongoing benefits or outputs
- Does the application fit with the SPA’s focus and strategic goals?
- To what extent does the applicant offer value for money?
If you would like to apply for an Opportunity Grant, please send Steve Iafrati firstname.lastname@example.org details of your project/plan by 5pm on Friday the 17th of September 2021. This should comprise no more than two sides of A4 and outline what you are going to do and the costs involved. Applications will be considered by the SPA executive and a decision will be made at the end of September.
Eligibility and conditions: Recipients of awards will be expected to:
- Publicise their seminar/workshop as widely as possible, including through SPA channels
- Write a short report after the event for the SPA website
- Use this as an opportunity to advertise the SPA to potential new SPA members (including marketing via other channels, distribution of SPA leaflets, use of SPA logo, etc.)
- Make the event as inclusive as possible (attendance need not be limited to SPA members).
- Raise the profile of the SPA to external agencies (government, independent sector, research centres, etc.) in the UK and other countries as appropriate
Applicants must be members of the Social Policy Association.
It is expected that the applicant’s host institution will cover the cost of individual items involved in staging the event and will then invoice the Social Policy Association for this amount. If this is difficult please contact the SPA grants officer prior to application.
Please send your application or any enquiries to the SPA Grants Officer, Steve Iafrati via email.