This award recognises general contribution to the advancement of the understanding of social policy through the publication of scholarly works. Books by those in the early stages of their careers are particularly welcomed.
- Only single or co-authored monographs can be nominated.
- Author (if co-authored, both authors) must be current member(s) of the SPA.
- Nominations must be accompanied by three copies of the book.
- Evidence of publication date between 1st January and 31st December 2020 must be provided
- Nominations must be received by the 14th March 2021 deadline.
- Head of Department/Head of School/Director of Research or equivalent, or a representative of the book’s publisher should complete the Nomination Form by the 14th March 2021 deadline.
- The nominator should also provide a 250-word statement giving reasons for nomination, and be ready to send three copies of the book to the SPA Awards Officer. Further information about submitting the books will be given when the nomination form has been submitted.
The judging panel will be annually convened from SPA Executive members who will refer to a standard scoring matrix in order to make a decision on the award.
The winner(s) will be awarded £200 and honorary membership of the SPA for the year following the award.